Hohenstein has been a partner of the German Certification Association for Professional Textile Services Partner since 1953, and is responsible for quality assurance at more than 400 commercial laundries that are current members of the Certification Association.
In this regard, our independent laundry experts make regular unannounced visits to all the facilities to check their technical and hygiene-related processes. The auditing of the laundry facilities is supplemented by continuous self-checks based on wash cycle monitoring.
Hohenstein inspects the laundries on the basis of a requirements catalogue compiled by the German Institute for Quality Assurance and Certification (RAL) and the German Certification Association for Professional Textile Services. This catalogue defines the technical, organizational, personnel and hygiene requirements for the laundry facility and laundry treatment.
At present, the German Certification Association for Professional Textile Services awards four different quality marks for laundries in the fields of:
- Commercial linen (RAL Mark 992/1)
- Healthcare linen (RAL Mark 992/2)
- Laundry from food operations (RAL Mark 992/3)
- Clothing for care home residents (RAL Mark 992/4)
As well as quality assurance, we also provide our expertise in the following areas to ensure that laundries with RAL Marks can offer their customers high quality at a fair price:
- Industrial reprocessing of textiles
- Hygiene management
- Operational analysis, operational consulting and benchmarking
- Damage assessment and troubleshooting
- Testing and certification of new technologies
- Environmental analysis (wastewater analysis, for example)
- Suitability testing and certification for textiles that are suitable for rental
- Selecting, treating and supplying textiles in hospitals or emergency services
You can find more information about the German Certification Association for Professional Textile Services, and particularly the requirements for awarding the four quality marks, here: